Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Airport- Attempt #2

Fun Fact: Animal Relief Stations are not what they say they are.


Today is the day... for real this time!

Obviously when I met up with the group my mishap was brought up. Then we went through security at 5:30, which only took about 20 minutes. Our flight wasn't leaving until 9 o'clock, so we had plenty of time to kill.

Like I said I've never flown before, so I've never been to an airport, therefore Miranda and I decided to explore a little. I didn't want to carry my heavy carry-on the whole time, so I left it at the gate with my professors (This is important to remember).

We walked from one end of the airport to the other, and on the way back we saw a sign for an 'animal relief station'. We got really excited because we think that it's an area to play with dogs for people who are afraid of flying. We follow the signs which lead us downstairs, past baggage claim, and to the exit of the airport. Definitely killed the mood.

We started to go back towards the gate, which meant taking the escalator upstairs. What we failed to realize is that you can't just go back to the gate; you actually end up on the other side of security. No big deal, we were just told to go through security again with our boarding passes and passports.

Ok cool, I have both of those things are with me right? Wrong. They were in my carry-on, at the gate.

So I automatically think that I'm going to die and never go to Italy because something always has to go wrong. After panicking to security they tell me that if I know anyone by the gate, they can just bring my stuff over.

So Miranda calls Professor Matson and long story short my stuff is returned to me and we go through security again, while Matson watches and silently judges us.

No comments:

Post a Comment